The health and wellness industry is one of the fastest-growing markets in the world. In 2018, it was estimated to be worth $4.2 trillion and is expected to grow to $5 trillion by 2022 as numbers climb in 2023. The health and wellness market includes everything from fitness and weight loss products to healthy food and supplements. And we’ve got the market research insights to prove it.
There are a few reasons for the rapid growth of the health and wellness industry. First, people are living longer than ever before thanks to advances in medical science and technology. This means that there is a growing population of older adults who are more likely to need health and wellness products and services. Additionally, the rise of chronic diseases such as obesity and diabetes has created a demand for products that can help people manage their conditions. Finally, the popularity of social media has made it easier for people to share information about health and wellness products and services, which has helped increase awareness and spur sales.
Let’s take a look at the health and wellness market by segment.
The health and wellness market can be divided into four main segments: fitness, weight loss, healthy food, and supplements.
- Fitness products and services include things like gym memberships, at-home workout equipment, fitness classes, and personal trainers.
- Weight loss products include diet plans, meal replacement shakes, weight loss supplements, and more.
- Healthy food includes items like organic produce, gluten-free items, plant-based proteins, etc.
- Supplements include vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, probiotics, etc.
These segments are further divided into sub-segments. For example:
- The fitness segment includes sub-segments like cardio equipment, strength training equipment, yoga gear, etc.
- The weight loss segment includes sub-segments like diet foods & beverages, meal replacements & shakes, weight loss supplements & pills, etc.
The Health and Wellness Market by Region
The health and wellness market is growing rapidly all over the world. In North America, the market was valued at $1.3 trillion in 2018 and is expected to reach $1.7 trillion by 2023. In Europe, the market was valued at $1 trillion in 2018 but is expected to grow more slowly than other regions due to economic factors like high unemployment rates & government austerity measures. In Asia-Pacific (APAC), the market was valued at $1 trillion in 2018 but is expected to grow more quickly than other regions due to factors like a growing middle class & an increase in health consciousness among consumers. In Latin America (LATAM), the market was valued at $600 billion in 2018 but is expected to grow rapidly due to factors such as a growing population & an increase in disposable income levels among consumers.
The health and wellness industry is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world thanks to a combination of factors like an aging population of baby boomers & an increase in chronic diseases such as obesity & diabetes.
If you enjoyed reading this article, get your free copy of What Health and Wellness Shoppers Are Looking For In Brands